Thursday, June 07, 2007

Pickled Beets

This morning I made my mother's recipe for pickled beets.

1) When you eat all the pickles in a jar, save the juice.

2) Buy canned beets (I prefer the little round ones).

3) Remove jar of pickle juice from the fridge.

4) Open the can of beets.

5) Using a spoon, transfer the beets from the can into the pickle juice.

6) Put the jar of beets in the juice back in the fridge and let marinate until ready to serve.

5) (If desired) Pour the beet juice into a glass and drink it.
This is especially good for you if you have red hair.

6) Re-cycle the empty beet can.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What if you don't have red hair???

8:53 AM  
Blogger Isidora said...

Sounds yummy, I will have an extra special jar of pickle juice when I'm done with my imported from New Jersey jar of pickles.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

If you don't have red hair? I wouldn't know because I do. Why not try it and see what happens.

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home