Friday, January 04, 2008

Concerns after Iowa

I'm concerned about the excitement for Obama.
The excitement for Gene McCarthy was followed by the election of Richard Nixon.
The excitement for Howard Dean was followed by the coronation of George W. Bush.

I'm concerned Obama is all talk. That he's turning into a good fundraiser and good organizer, that he made a deal with the Richardson forces, alleviate that concern, but still. Why does he have to run now? He's being compared to JFK which also concerns me. JFK gave good press conferences but he wasn't really a good president was he? Can you imagine what the Republicans will do to Obama in the general election?

Not only is Obama inexperienced I fear he's also naive. As John Edwards said this a.m., "My supporters know you don't achieve change by talking to people." So I guess I'll take another look at Edwards. But what has Edwards done besides being a multimillionaire tort lawyer? He has a good wife, though. My concern about Edwards is he did nothing for the ticket as Vice Presidential nominee and really what has he done, really, period?

As for Senator Clinton, she probably will get the nomination. She already has 169 delegates. She really is qualified to be president. Her biggest problem is Bill. I share the concerns that we would be in for those queasy little (and big) surprises the Clinton White House was always giving us. Well, she made the decision not to distance herself from Bill, and I respect that. She just doesn't inspire, that's all. She believes you get change by rolling up your sleeves and working for it, and that's so much harder than listening to pretty speeches.

Plus, the Clinton Lincoln Bedroom gets us almost as upset as the Bush administration's trashing the economy, the environment, and our world reputation. How come we can't remember the great Clinton economy, even in spite of Newt Gingrich et al. How come we can't remember getting the Kosovo thing settled without loss of American life? I'm concerned that the media love to bash the Clintons so much that they'll hand the country over to John McCain

My favorite candidate, Joe Biden, has dropped out of the race. Guess I'll support whichever one he decides to.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

P.S. Having seen the debate January 5: She's beautiful when she's angry!

12:16 PM  
Blogger K said...

Hey, I share your concerns about Obama...When supporters are interviewed, they say they're "inspired" by his speech, or message...or he's young and hopeful...but no one, including Obama, seems able to articulate what his "hopeful message" is.

The next president is inheriting the biggest mess this country (possibly any country?) has ever seen. FOREIGN POLICY experience/knowledge is key...that's Hillary, of the "top 3"...

John Edwards was Governor of North Carolina, awhile back...can't remember how many terms...

And he was poor, once. I like his current message...despair of his "electability" (sp?) in a general election...And, foreign policy exper, again....Wasn't he a Senator, too?

Anyway, I've been spending time listening to and reading foreign press and they hate her as much as ours does...:(

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home