Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Waited a Long Time for This


"Dear Grandma. It is so exciteing that you are finally 70 years old! I wish you a happy birthday, Sincerely..." wrote my seven-year-old grandson.

Yes! Finally! I waited a long time for this, and I'm finally 70 years old.
My daughter baked me a lemon cake, and she and husband sang "Happy Birthday" as a duet, because the boys had been naughty and sent to their rooms. They gave me a beautiful cross with a ruby they found in the rough in a bucket of rocks. They were tired; the boys were hyper; and it was the best birthday ever!

Back home I found messages on the answering machine and on Facebook. Gift certificates arrived on e-mail.

Showers of blessings--a birthday worth waiting for!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah-Octogenarian said...

A septuagenarian! Congratulations! Growing older is the great adventure...I am growing closer and closer to having to change my blog to "Octogenarian!"

9:18 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

Boy, I was really fat back then.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

Boy, I was really fat back then.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home