Monday, January 21, 2008

Not a Day Goes By

Not a day goes by when I don't think about just quitting to write. The only thing that stops me is that I have tried quitting and it doesn't work. Reader, if you are satisfied with the amount of writing you are doing and/or publishing then: Stop! Stay!

It's a miserable existence, really. On the table beside my desk, there are different compartments of things: the Writer's Market big anthology, files on agents and bios and queries and proposals for a manuscript, another file on queries for a little article, a notebook for that cursed "Meditations" blog that in a fit of grandiosity I decided to begin. The last is the only pile having to do with actual composition.

It is awfully hard work and I don't know what I'm doing. And it wastes a lot of time. But I realized I have made progress. Where previously I felt like the writer who didn't write (see previous blog), I am now a writer who doesn't publish. (Much anyway)

I'm sure whatever was going on I'd complain. Thank you for reading this.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home